UCloud Departments ( Settings -> Departments)
UCloud has introduced a great feature: the ability to manage an unlimited number of departments, allowing you manage different “on hold music” for different departments on single computer.
To access this hover on settings and click “Departments” on the drop-down.
Department feature allows an admin to select different ‘On hold music’ for each Department.
Add a new department
You can ‘Add a new department’ by clicking that button. When creating a new department you will have to fill in the relevant information.
Company – will be auto filled with the company linked with your domain
Main department – will be auto filled if the department created becomes a sub-department
Name – enter the name of your department
Description – enter your own comments
On hold music – two available options:
- Default on hold music – the default audio will play during hold
- File – plays the uploaded wave file (8kHz, 16bit, mono) and you can upload the file in the “Select on hold music” field.
Select on hold music – Allows you to upload the audio file from a folder on the server or select the file from the available files on server. You can upload the file by clicking on the upload file button or you can select the file by clicking on the select file button, and you can also delete the file by clicking on the delete button.
You can view the separate department entities on this page (e.g – Admin, Sales, Technical and Testing).
Once a department is created you can right-click the name and get the options to:
- Show details (of the department created)
- Add sub-department (essentially another group for different on hold music)
- Change main department (apply a primary group)
- Remove department (delete a department)